sábado, 5 de julio de 2014

Lissie Interview

                 
                                                    Talking with Lissie Again!

     
*THE LAST TIME WE TALKED YOU WAS WORKING ON "BACK TO FOREVER". HOW WAS THE RECORDING AND THE WRITING PROCESS OF THAT RECORD?

Hi and thank you Marcos!
I had a lot of fun recording "back to forever"! We recorded in Topanga canyon , California and it was very hot! It was a balance of bringing the band into the studio process as well as working with our producer Jacknife lee's vision and my former record label Columbia UK,, so at times it felt fragmented but all in all it was a very fun process and I'm proud of the songs! 

*TELL US WHAT'S THE STORY BEHIND THE TITTLE?

At the stage in my life I was writing and recording "back to forever" I felt like I was in the middle of my past and  my future. As one gets older ,, you no longer have "forever" so this work was reflecting on that idea & coming to terms with it and the longing to go back & once again have forever ahead of you. 


*WHAT'S FOR YOU THE BIGGER DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THAT RECORD AND "CATCHING THE TIGER"?

I think that the producers I've worked with have brought a lot of their personalities to the albums. Personally, "Catching a tiger" was a bit more gentle whereas "back to forever" is a bit harder. That just reflected  my headspace while writing and battling different kinds of emotions. I think in moving forward we ( the band and i) aim to capture what we do well live and keep things raw and minimally produced. 


*YOUR MUSIC NOW SEEMS MORE FRESH. IS FOR THE EXPERIENCE THAT YOU AND THE BAND HAVE NOW? FOR THE PRODUCER?

Thank you! I think its always evolving! The band has really shaped my sound & style in the past 5 years, my voice has strengthened and lyrically I've gotten better at saying what I want to say. 


*"SHAMELESS" IS ONE OF YOUR MOST ROCKING SONG. HOW WAS WRITTEN? 

I was frustrated with the notion of celebrity and art meeting and what that meant for me and my goals. As much as I love to make music , I am disheartened by the politics and shallowness of the industry. That was just one day and one mood though. Most days I don't worry or think about it! :) 


*FOR THE OTHER SIDE "SLEEPWALKING" IS THE MOST POP SONG YOU NEVER SING. GREAT TUNE. WHO INSPIRE YOU?

Is it a pop song?? :) I did sleep walk one night in London when I was jet legged and I was telling martin craft, my co writer on the song about it and it inspired the title "sleepwalking". I reference the feeling in a romantic breakup of how different people cope with grief. Some people wander around like zombies, numb and unsure of what to do with themselves while others party the pain away, distract themselves! 


*THE LAST TIME WE TALK WE MAKE JOKES ABOUT YOUR NEXT COVER… DANZING!!!  AND JUDAS PRIEST…YOU WINS ME AGAIN. WHY DO YOU CHOOSE THAT SONGS?


I was asked to cover "mother" by Danzig for a video game trailer. The Judas Priest song "electric eye" I chose because lyrically they were ahead of their time. It talks about satellites taking away our privacy,, this was in the 80's ,, now with drones and social media / the Internet it seems really fitting for the times we live in!  It also just rocks hard and I have an awesome band so why not?! :) 


*NEXT JULY YOU WILL PLAY IN SPAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME. WHAT WE CAN SEE IN THAT SHOWS?

Yes! I'm so excited to visit Spain for the first time! 
I will be doing these small shows as a duo just with my bass player so they'll be unique and stripped down! Hopefully we win se new fans and return with the full band soon! 


*WHAT'S THE LOVE STORY OF NORWAY AND YOU?

We were really well received in Norway early on in our career and the show offers just keep coming! We've had a lot of support from radio and TV, big festival spots and sold out shows all around the country of Norway! It's a beautiful place and the people there have been amazing to us! 


*ARE YOU WORKING ON NEW SONGS? CAN YOU WRITE ON THE ROAD?


Yes,, I've been writing a lot! Both by myself and with the band.  We are taking it easy in just trying to be creative right now. I may write with a few different writers this summer/ fall & hope to record new music soon! When I'm on the road, ill write songs if ideas come to me on their own. Otherwise I just focus on live shows.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario