lunes, 2 de junio de 2014

Kate Lynne Logan Interview


  Kate Lynne Logan Interview



The life give me the pleasure to talk & meet a lot of musicians, artists, actors... but sometimes and only sometimes the relation between artist and journalist become friendship based on respect about the work of each other. I am so happy to told that Kate is my friend, a distance friend. His work like musician is so amazing, she have a lot of talent and soon she will be recognise for that. His new album "Animal Dreams" his a great album of indie americana. An album with fantastic songs when his voice floating make you feel like in heaven. Soon we will publicate the review of that album. Til then read that little interview with Kate.

Can you tell us the musical history of Kate Lynne Logan?
I was always an artist from the time I could hold a pen - I drew pictures all the time. Music is just a different branch of art, to me. I picked up a guitar at 15 years old and started writing my own music then. But I was a shy kid and didn't play live shows frequently until about 10 years later. My first EP came out in 2011.
What are your musical influences? Especially for the lyrics?
I write songs from memories, about people I know or used to know, and things I've experienced. I'm inspired by conversations, events, other music.
Can we consider your music folk-rock with a pop heart?
Yes! You can. I'm never sure how to classify my music. But that sounds fitting.


How do you write your songs?
I think of a line or a verse throughout the day and write it down. It leads to a lot of fragments to put together later, on a day I can sit down and make it whole. Sometimes I play around on the guitar and try to match some of the stories I've written with the music, to see if the music matches the emotion with which I wrote the words.
How was the recording of your album "Animal Dreams"?
It took over a year to record this album. A lot of time and thought went into it. I've had some of these songs since November 2012. It was fulfilling and fun and I miss it.
How is the Seattle scene these days?
I haven't played out as much as I usually do. I'm preparing for the album release in May.

Do you like Grunge?
Yes! I like all genres of music. There's at least song in each that I love.
Which song or album makes you wish to play rock and roll in a band?
With my new band, The Ghost Runners, I do get to pretend I play in a rock-and-roll band on a song or two! It's liberating. 
Do you want to play in Spain?
I would LOVE to play in Spain! Someday!
I began listening to Brandi Carlile because you recommended her. Can you tell me about another artist?
Sarah Borello! 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario